SPH Analytics Launches Express Patient Experience Surveys
Patient experience and population health leader SPH Analytics recently launched a line of Express Surveys as part of its Population Engage patient experience suite. Express Surveys are short, streamlined patient experience surveys designed to efficiently gain prompt feedback from patients, giving the provider organization a wealth of strategic and tactical knowledge in order to take meaningful action. Express Surveys help an organization improve its overall patient experience, and as a result can positively impact CAHPS® survey results. Express Surveys utilize digital methodologies such as email, text messaging, and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) to reach patients within hours of their healthcare encounter and allow true census sampling.
SPH’s Express Surveys enable provider organizations to rapidly gather the voice of their patients, to truly understand their patients’ experiences, and to empower their employees to quickly target meaningful improvements and interventions. Express Surveys leverage SPH’s proprietary patient experience analytics to identify trends and provide clear insights across the patient base, enabling the provider organization to target systemic opportunities to improve.
In addition to providing insights across the patient population, Express Surveys drive improved patient experience at an individual level. By leveraging SPH’s award-winning workflow engine, a Service Recovery ticket is automatically created for negative patient feedback and routed to the responsible staff member for intervention, with progress to resolution tracked. This helps to resolve or minimize the impact of negative experience identified by the survey.
Benefits of the new surveys include:
- The timely Express Survey approach yields a more accurate and true reading of the voice of a patient
- The census-based approach surveys the entire patient population, rather than a subset or sample of patients
- Service Recovery analytics enable patients’ concerns or questions to be addressed promptly, empowering provider organizations to overcome an initial negative patient experience and deepen patient loyalty
- Express Surveys are streamlined to a total of 10-15 questions, as compared to 30-50 questions for CAHPS surveys. The surveys focus on key drivers of the patient experience and the organization’s Net Promoter Score® (NPS®), a proven metric for predicting customer loyalty and the likelihood that the customer will speak positively about the organization.
“Our vision at SPH Analytics is to prescribe an adoptable path to achieve the Triple Aim,” said Amy Amick, President and CEO of SPH Analytics. “Express Surveys fill an important provider need to receive timely and meaningful patient feedback that can drive improvement in patient experience, one of the key pillars of the Triple Aim framework.”
SPH Analytics currently offers Express Surveys for:
- Medical Practices, including a special Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) version
- Urgent Care Clinics
- Emergency Departments
- Outpatient Services
- Outpatient Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Hospitals (inpatient supplement to HCAHPS Surveys)
To find out more about Express Surveys and new approaches to patient experience, SPH Analytics is hosting an informational webinar on September 13 at 1:00 p.m. EDT. To register, visit http://resources.sphanalytics.com/webinars/go-beyond-cahps.
Net Promoter, Net Promoter System, Net Promoter Score, NPS and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., Fred Reichheld and Satmetrix Systems, Inc.
CAHPS is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).