MSC Software Corporation, a global leader in helping product manufacturers to advance their engineering methods with simulation software and services, today announced the new release of SimManager 2014. SimManager 2014 brings process enhancements and innovative functionality to MSC Software’s Simulation Process and Data Management solution. The new release focuses on user interface improvements making SimManager easier to use and provides direct integration with commonly used computer-aided engineering (CAE) applications such as MSC Software’s Adams, Patran, and Marc, as well as ANSA from Beta CAE Systems.
Highlights of this release include:
- Adams/Car – SimManager Portal and IntegrationAdams/Car integration into SimManager addresses a key challenge of automotive industry by providing a platform for cooperation and global team participation in full vehicle multibody dynamics simulations. Adams/Car-SimManager integration is achieved through a client plug-in installation, providing direct access to SimManager directly from Adams/Car interface. The plug-in provides users the ability to retrieve models from SimManager, edit, and publish to SimManager.
- SimManager Client IntegrationDirect integration of SimManager into many of the CAE pre- and post-processing tools commonly used by engineers is implemented in this release. The integration provides direct support to retrieve a model, input or results files from SimManager, and make modifications and publish changes back to SimManager without leaving the native application. Direct integration is provided for the following products:
- Patran 2010-2014
- SimXpert 2012-2013
- Marc Mentat 2012-2014
- Adams/Car 2011-2013
- ANSA 15
- Explorer Desktop ClientWindows Desktop Explorer for SimManager provides access to SimManager directly from your desktop. The Explorer provides direct support for engineers to retrieve a model and related files and make updates which can be uploaded back to SimManager.
- Work Request Workflow EnhancementsWork Request introduced in SimManager 2010 provides the ability to define standard work and tasks as well as provide the status on progress and performance of a specific task. Several enhancements have been made to Work Request in the new release providing a robust workflow management system.
- Integrated VCollab 3D Model ViewerProviding robust visualization of computer-aided design (CAD) & CAE models as well as CAE results significantly improves the “Visual IQ” of SimManager. SimManager 2014 integrates VCollab and VMove directly with SimManager as an optional module. VCollab is the best in class vendor neutral, ultra-compact web friendly generation and viewer for CAD, finite element analysis (FEA) and CAD data. SimManager with VCollab generates light weight web friendly 3D snapshot and 2D images. Results can also be displayed for interactive post processing from within your web browser.
Several other enhancements have been implemented to improve security, ease of use, and performance. The user interface and navigation have also been enhanced to improve user experience.
For more details about the new release, please register for the new release webinar at www.mscsoftware.com.
About MSC Software
MSC Software is one of the ten original software companies and a global leader in helping product manufacturers to advance their engineering methods with simulation software and services. As a trusted partner, MSC Software helps companies improve quality, save time, and reduce costs associated with design and test of manufactured products. Academic institutions, researchers, and students employ MSC’s technology to expand individual knowledge as well as expand the horizon of simulation. MSC Software employs 1,100 professionals in 20 countries. For additional information about MSC Software’s products and services, please visit: www.mscsoftware.com.
The MSC Software corporate logo, Simulating Reality, MSC Nastran, Adams, Actran, Digimat, Dytran, Easy5, Marc, Patran, MSC, MasterKey, MasterKey Plus, MaterialCenter, MSC Apex, SimDesigner, SimManager, and SimXpert are trademarks or registered trademarks of MSC Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. NASTRAN is a registered trademark of NASA.